• 2001- Mark Ward & Luke Geldert, company Founders/Owners, opened the first all Hip Hop Dance Studio in Edmonton.The company was named 3rd Street Beat to recognize the 3rd person in the partnership who inspired Mark and Luke to create a Hip Hop business: Lori Todd.
• 2003- The studio transitioned into a competitive dance company; Kerry Koble was hired as the first Instructor.
• 2004- The studio doubled its client base, now offering 3 Drop-Ins & 3 Competitive Classes. 3 new Instructors were added to the Team; Richard Andries, Sasha Cherkawsky, and O.J. Damaso. It was also in this year where the Annual Benefit Concert Hip Hop for Hope was conceptualized and successfully launched.
• 2005- Created a youth outreach program for the Edmonton Public School board offering Dance Workshops and Professional Showcases.
• 2006- The client base was well over a 100 students, with 6 Drop-In & 5 Competitive Classes. With the addition of Curtis Ledger and Brittany Reinbold the 3SB Team now had 6 of Alberta’s Top Choreographers. Also launched the Artists Emerge Dance competition.
• 2009- Hip Hop for Hope succeeds in raising over $100 000 over the past 6 years. 3SB is invited to be the first Hip Hop entertainment company to tour across China on a professional dance tour for 2010. The Youth Outreach Program “Splash” has succeeded in working with over 50 schools across Alberta.
2010- There are over 250 students and 20 classes running per week and 10 Instructors. The company is preparing to go on its first tour to China for a month performing the original production “HipHop Saved My Life”.