Statement on Sexual Harassment
Sexual harassment is an affront to human dignity and fundamentally at odds with the values of 3SB. Because the studio is committed to maintaining a community that is free from sexual harassment, 3SB will not tolerate any member of that community sexually harassing another. 3SB has a zero tolerance policy against sexual harassment. It is a violation of company policy and will result in serious disciplinary action. Sexual harassment consists of non-consensual sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, or other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature. Sexual harassment may be found in a single episode, as well as in persistent behavior.
Policy on Teacher-Student Consensual Relations
The integrity of the teacher-student relationship is the foundation of 3SB’s educational mission. This relationship vests considerable trust in the teacher, who, in turn, bears authority and accountability as a mentor, educator, and evaluator. The unequal institutional power inherent in this relationship heightens the vulnerability of the student and the potential for coercion. The pedagogical relationship between teacher and student must be protected from influences or activities that can interfere with learning and personal development. Whenever a teacher is or in the future might reasonably become responsible for teaching, advising, or directly supervising a student, a sexual relationship between them is inappropriate and must be avoided. In addition to creating the potential for coercion, any such relationship jeopardizes the integrity of the educational process by creating a conflict of interest and may impair the learning environment for other students. Teachers must avoid sexual relationships with students over whom they have or might reasonably expect to have direct supervisory responsibilities, regardless of whether the relationship is consensual. Conversely, a teacher must not directly supervise any student with whom he or she has a sexual relationship. Teachers or students with questions about this policy are advised to consult with the Office Administrator or Studio Owners. Violations of the above policies by a teacher will normally lead to immediate termination of employment.
For purposes of this policy, “direct supervision” includes the following activities: group or class instruction, rehearsals, performances, and private instruction. “Teachers” includes, but is not limited to, all temporary, part-time or full-time instructors. “Students” refers to those enrolled in any and all classes and or special performances. Additionally, this policy applies to faculty and staff at 3SB who may not teach, but have authority over or mentoring relationships with students.
Privacy & Security are important to us...
3rd Street Beat Entertainment Inc. is committed to conducting business in an ethical and legal manner. We believe in the consumer’s right to privacy and are committed to keeping customer data secure. We approach security and privacy issues in a pro-active manner and have developed our business in a way that ensures customer security 3rd Street Beat Entertainment Inc. WILL NOT sell or re-sell any customer data and will not allow anyone other than staff of 3rd Street Beat Entertainment Inc. access to customer data.
3rd Street Beat Entertainment Inc. is committed to adhering to Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. This Act is based on ensuring that companies:
• Explain to customers what data about them is being collected and how it will be used
• Limit the collection and storage of customer data to a clearly identified purpose
• Allow customers to view their data to ensure that it is accurate
• Receive consent from customers to store data
Our Privacy and Security Statement
The customer data that will be collected by 3rd Street Beat Entertainment Inc. is as follows:
• Customer demographic information such as name, phone number, email, address, previous orders, and payment method - the credit credit card numbers of repeat customers may be stored on a secured basis if given to the company.
• This data will be used by 3rd Street Beat Entertainment Inc. for the following purposes:
Maintaining a customer database, maintaining an integrated accounting system, contacting customers via email, phone, and/or mail, shipping, marketing related only to 3rd Street Beat Entertainment Inc., and to make informed business decisions
3rd Street Beat Entertainment Inc. is committed to ensuring that all customer data is accurate. If you would like to check the accuracy of your demographic and sales information please contact us. Any customer can receive a copy of data stored by 3rd Street Beat Entertainment Inc. that relates to them. For more information of how to receive a copy of your (customer) information please contact Danielle Salmon at 3rd Street Beat Entertainment Inc.
3rd Street Beat Entertainment Inc. will not collect or retain any information about you personally (that is, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, or credit card number) unless you provide it to us voluntarily. By ordering via email, phone, or mail customers of 3rd Street Beat Entertainment Inc. consent to having any demographic information supplied by them to 3rd Street Beat Entertainment Inc. stored on secure computers by 3rd Street Beat Entertainment Inc. If you would like to have your customer data removed from 3rd Street Beat Entertainment Inc.'s computer please contact Danielle Salmon at 3rd Street Beat Entertainment Inc.
• No data transmission over the Internet will be 100% secure. While we take steps to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. Upon receiving your transmission, we make commercially reasonable efforts to ensure its security on our systems.
• By using this Website, you agree to this Security and Privacy Statement. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use the 3rd Street Beat Entertainment Inc.WebSite. 3rd Street Beat Entertainment Inc. reserves the right to change this policy at any time. Your continued use of the 3rd Street Beat Entertainment Inc. WebSite following the posting of changes to our Privacy and Security Statement will signify your acceptance of those changes.
Return and Refund Policy
If you are not satisfied with your purchase of a product you have 30 days to send an email to purchase returns for requesting and exchange or refund.
Please note that 3rd Street Beat Entertainment Inc. does not permit the return of or offer refunds for the following products:
• Product that is custom configured to your specifications, including personalized products (ie: competition videos)
• Class registrations
• Costume Fees
• Competition Fees
3rd Street Beat Entertainment Inc. products may be returned within 30 days of purchase for a refund if purchased directly from 3rd Street Beat Entertainment Inc.
• Item(s) must be in the original packaging, unworn, unwashed, unused with tags/stickers still attached, & accompanied by a copy of the original invoice. A 20% restocking fee will be charged on all products returned for a refund. Customers are responsible for packaging and insuring returned merchandise.
• 3rd Street Beat Entertainment Inc. products may be exchanged within 60 days of purchase for a different size or style only. All exchanges must receive approval as well as a return authorization number. Item(s) must be in the original packaging, unworn, unwashed, unused with tags/stickers still attached, & accompanied by a copy of the original invoice. A restocking fee on larger items will be charged.
• Item(s) must be returned to 3rd Street Beat Entertainment Inc. retail location located at Step by Step Dance Studio:
449 Sioux Rd Sherwood Park, Alberta
Online Policies with Mind Body Online & Moneris
Return policy There are no refunds all sales are final unless there is something faulty with product. Please advise us of any faulty or wrong product supplied within seven days of arrival, so we could take corrective action immediately. If return results from our error, we will refund your shipping costs both ways in full.
Third-Party Links In an attempt to provide increased value to our visitors, 3rd Street Beat Entertainment Inc. may link to sites operated by third parties. However, even if the third party is affiliated with us, 3rd Street Beat Entertainment Inc. has no control over these linked sites, all of which have separate privacy and data collection practices. These linked sites are only for your convenience and therefore you access them at your own risk. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our web site and the links placed upon it and therefore requests any feedback on sites we link to.